4/23/10

Material Girl

Ok so blogger's post scheduling button doesn't like me....this is supposed to be tomorrow's post but I am guessing Blogger wanted it to be today's post as well!  So instead of undoing it....here is todays second post.....  :)

Well...not really!  This isn't about Madonna!  It's about some super cute material I found on clearance at our LSS!  Sadly, they are going out of business but I was lucky enough to snag these Rusty Pickle fabric strips!  I saw some way cute fabric flowers the other day and just had to make one of my own!!  You can purchase pre-made ones HERE!  Super cute!

So here is a couple of cards....and some fabric!  Scroll down to see some FAB woodgrain on the second card!!




I love this next one!  It says "DAD" all over it!  (I know mine doesn't read my blog, so I am safe to give this one to him in a couple of months!)


This new woodgrain is insane!  How ridiculously clever is this?  3 stamps.....TONS of options!  So smart!!


I am fighting the urge to "woodgrain" everything....that is how much I love it!  I find myself starring at my doors, my fancy retro paneling in the basement, there is just woodgrain everywhere!  Whoda thunk? If you don't have this set....YOU NEED IT!  Really you do.  :)

Hope you have a great weekend! 

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous Laurie Beth. Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flower!! Isn't it funny how things we "used" to do are coming back? When I first started making cards....I put fabric all over them! I like the idea of fabric "strips"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* I'm in love with all things woodgrain, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the texture that the fabric gives the cards! I made one of those flowers a few weeks back with some scrap material and finally threw it away because it was too big for anything. I love how yours turned out! And, that is a perfect masculine card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THESE! That fabric is just wonderful, and the wood grain screams "dad"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, two great cards! I LOVE the woodgrain one. I really like the way you used sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Fun flower and I am loving the wood grain card. I really, really, really want to get a stamp like that! My dad is into wood working and my father-in-law is a Carpenter so it's definitely been on my wish list for a while now.
    Angel Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE both of these cards!!! Love the fabric you used on both of them, it adds so much dimension!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! I just love that woodgrain! The fabric is so fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards ....... love the flower ....... love the woodgrain ...... love it all.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards - love the fabric card - nad your are right - the dad card is surely masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great cards. I love all the texture. The denim strip is really clever for masculine cards, adds texture without the froo-froo of ribbon, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie,
    I love your cards, especially the fabric that you used! Simply beautiful!


    Cynthia:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I'm totally envious of your material finds Laurie. Lovely card. And the second one is sooo awesome with that dark jean material..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous, fabulous cards Laurie!! I love your fab flower and the woodgrain card is perfect! Thank you so much for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving all these cards and I am just waiting for PTI to replenish The Beautiful Blooms II
    Stamp Set before I place a very large 1st order! I can't wait to get my hands on the Dies too!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I already knew I needed that Woodgrain set and you just confirmed it. I really love what you did with it. The denim is perfect-o!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so nice! Dad cards are always the hardest for me and these are so simple and clean that it kills me. I am loving what I see on your blog. :0)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS