7/14/12

When skies are gray...


it's a great time to get crafty right?  hehe!  I always love a rainy day....not that we have had any here in Kansas lately...but the rainy days are good crafty days for sure.  Hope you are having a great start to your weekend!  I am stopping in with a new sketch over at Retro Sketches!  This week, the sketch is from my card, which you can see HERE.  Here is my new take on this sketch...

IMG_7325_edited-1

You know me.  I had to switch it up and turn the sketch.  I did a little PTI Chevron in the background with a little Rosie Posie and the most fun sentiment from the new set called We Go Together.  You can't see it in the picture but I sprayed some smooches sparkly spray over the whole card front and it really looks kinda fun!

Here is this week's sketch...


I can't wait to see your take on this sketch!  Stop over to Retro Sketches and see what the other girls have for us and then link up your creation too!  Have a great rest of the day!

19 comments:

  1. gorgeous Laurie...love the beautiful flowers against the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and beautifully CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Love the colors up picked that make the flowers pop. Love how the sentiment fits! Love the touch of chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you you turned the chevrons on the end, and the colors you chose are so bright and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Love the fresh color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful colors and that great sentiment! The gray chevrons are perfect with the bright roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. What a fun sketch, and how clever you are to turn it on its side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. You seem to never disapoint me, Laurie! ;) Love everything you did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this sentiment and your fresh colors! Beautiful use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sentiment is perfect with the bold red flowers. Very pretty card Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Laurie, I love that sentiment so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so elegant, love the roses, they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect!
    That Rosie Posie that is still sitting almost uninked...
    I tried it once...
    this makes me want to dig it out and give it a go! :)
    As always...
    gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Those roses just pop off your design! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The chevrons were the perfect touch to a perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laurie, you seriously make the cutest stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! loved this sketch and love your card(s). The orginal is sooo beautiful and so is your take two. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS