2/05/14

The Card Concept #3...

Hey there!  I am here today with a card for this weeks Card Concept #3.  I am really to be guest designing for the month of February.  

This challenge was to use monochromatic pink.  I pulled 2 different shades of pink from the picture and made a striped background with a stencil from Simon Says, blending darker to lighter.  I used a part of a die cut from Heart in a box and then the small love you die, layered on top in a soft gray card stock.  

IMG_1178

It's hard to see but I added in some vellum hoping to mute the colors just a tad.  


IMG_1183

So that is it for my first Card Concept creation.  This challenge is bi-monthly so I will have one more coming up in 2 weeks!  I hope that you get the chance to play along!  There is a lot of amazingly talented girls on this team, so stop by The Card Concept blog and check them out!

Thanks for stopping in!



Supply List: 

19 comments:

  1. Pretty! Love the way you've used the two die cuts to make something different than either one! Great to have you as our Guest, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so soft and pretty Laurie...love that added touch of vellum...you know I am a fan of your cards and was so excited to see you were the guest designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Laurie and we are so happy to have you join us this month as our GD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Laurie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! So sweet and fabby use of vellum (I can see it!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is just as pretty as can be Laurie!! Congrats on guest designing too, can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really fun to have you as Guest Designer this month, Laurie! Your cards always inspire me, and this is no exception! I love the ombre effect you created with your stenciling and your die cuts are so pretty! Such a great idea to add the vellum, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the die cuts! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Laurie! Love the look of the vellum overlay! So happy you've joined us this month at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo...lovin' those yummy pink inks, Laurie!!! This is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty and light feeling card! Fresh and lovely! So happy you could join us as a Guest this month, Laurie. Happy to have you with us!
    Hugs.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card,Laurie!! You did a fabulous job!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an elegant card you really rocked this challenge have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I so love your beautiful card, especially the vellum touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Laurie,

    So soft and pretty - just perfect for the challenge.

    I also looooove your shaker card below, I am inspired to make one this weekend for sure!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Laurie, I am so glad you have joined us on the team this month. And what a start. I love the diagonal striped background, it's amazing how much movement it gives to the card. The white elements look so perfect on it. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Laurie - just find you via Card Concept! Love this card and in my fave colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card Laurie! Love your clean & simple design! To say that I am thrilled to bits to be working side by side with you would be a HUGE understatement (and I mean REALLY HUGE!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS