5/17/14

Thanks friend...

Happy Saturday!  Did you get to see the release hop from Simon Says yesterday?  It was pretty fabulous!  Click HERE to see all the new products from the Pure Sunshine Release.  And then click HERE too hop along and win some stuff!  :)

I am using some more release goodies today for the new Retro Sketch challenge.  Here is my card for this week...

IMG_9641

I started this card by taking a 4' x 5 1/4" piece of Neenah and my Round Ink Blending tools and creating the background.  I actually started with Simon Says Fog ink, but quickly found that there was some green Mister Huey left on my stencil from a previous project.  So that gray background I wanted turned greenish blue.  I decided to keep it.  Normally it doesn't work that way but it was an ok mistake, lol!  Then I heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum and attached the butterfly to the front.  I didn't want the vellum to lay flat, so I heat embossed the edges some more so they would curl a little.  Then I used some Tombow Vellum adhesive and light attached the vellum to the card front.  With my ATG gun, I attached the whole thing to a Simon Says Fog card stock base.  To finish it off, I added some white enamel dots.  

IMG_9645

This new stencil?  FUN!  A must for your stash.  I can't wait to get some more of the new stencils from yesterdays release.  I am still trying....slowly but surely....to break free from my CAS ways.  ha! I need to learn to make a mess, that's all there is to it!  :)

Here is this week's sketch.   It is based on a gorgeous card by Kim Heggins.  Click HERE to see her original.


Stop over to the Retro Sketches blog to see what the DT has created for today's sketch and to link up your own card!

Thanks so much for coming by today.  Hope you have a great Saturday! 




Supply List:  

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that soft inking and the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the best color combination, so soft and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, stop. this is so gorgeous! The combination of the blue and the blue-green really makes you take a second look. didn't you feel naughty heating the vellum to intentionally make it curl? : )

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS