8/08/17

Fruit Basket Shaker Card....

Hey crafty friends!  It's Laurie Willison here.  The latest kit, Fruit Basket, from Queen and Company is so much fun.  It's filled with adorable toppings, the perfect fruity dies, an AMAZING paper pack and the perfect foam boxes to create easy shaker cards.  Seriously.  SO easy!

I have 2 fruity cards to share today.  This first one uses the Strawberry dies and foam boxes....along with a gorgeous piece of striped paper from the paper pack....

Queen and Co

That stripped paper CALLED my name when I first opened the paper pad.  Rainbow, of course, as well as stripes.  All the stripes!  I covered the front of an A2 sized card with the patterned paper and then simply added a sentiment stamped on a banner.  I die 3 pieces using the strawberry dies....1 white negative for the background, the red for the edge and then the green leaves.  

Queen and Co

I assembled the box with the foam and the acetate, and added the toppings that come in the kit and then topped it off with the die cuts.  So easy!  The strawberry toppings are adorable aren't they?  I did add some clear diamonds for a little sparkle (not included in the kit).

Queen and Co

I wanted to show how easy it is to create a simple flat, non-shaker card too....

Queen and Co

First, I did a little ink blending a piece of cardstock.  I wanted that ombre look from the red all the way to the white of the watermelon.  I was able to place the die perfectly on top of that ink blending spot and get the perfect look.  I did the same with the watermelon rind.  I stamped the adorable coordinating sentiment and then added 2 of the black tear drop gems on the watermelon.  

Queen and Co

This month there will be so much more to see using this kit.  So come back here and visit to see more Fruit Basket inspiration.  Thanks so much for coming by and have a great day!


Supply List: 

Diamond Toppings (not included in the kit)

4 comments:

  1. What a perfectly delightful shaker card Laurie! I love that strawberry and all of the tiny ones in the shaker. And that melon slice, swoon, so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun shaker card, Laurie! I love how you included 'toppings' with your sparkly gems and your striped paper is just beautiful! I also love how you blended your inks on your watermelon and your CAS design is fabulous! You've done an amazing job with the new goodies :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS