4/22/18

MFT Card Kit Countdown Day 1...

The Card Kit Countdown at My Favorite Things starts right now!  I am so excited to be here with my card for Day 1.  The dies in this months card kit are soooo pretty!  I love these stitched blooms.  

I don't like to cut my dies apart.  In fact, when I can, I leave them all in one piece.  With the dies in this kit looking so pretty in one big piece, of course, I had to emboss with them!

MFT April 201 Card Kit

I took an 80 lb piece of cardstoc, because when embossing with dies, the thinner cardstock you have, the better impression and less ripping will happen.  I ran the whole thing through with the embossing sandwich and this is what came out.  So pretty!  I cut the front panel down and then added a little mat behind it.  Using fun foam, I popped that up on a white card base.  Next, I stamped and die cut 5 sentiments from More Essential Sentiment stamp set and the cut them in chunks so I could add one word in each color.  I added a few dew drops to the front to finish off the card!

MFT April 201 Card Kit

There will be lots more to see over at the MFT Blog. Head on over there to learn the details about the April Kit.  Thanks so much for stopping in today!


18 comments:

  1. You. Are. Genius. I never would have thought to do something so different like this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so awesome. I love how you used the dies and your card = gives me inspiration to try on my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolest card design ever! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius idea to emboss the stitched blooms, Laurie! Love your sentiment strips, too! Thanks for sharing your tips on cardstock weight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea! What a great way to use wired dies, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that embossing using the Dies! Very nice detail to the card! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing. I know what you're saying. I don't cut my dies either. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea for using these new dies! I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun design Laurie! I like the colorful little words. This is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely exquisite, Laurie! I LOve what you do with a sandwich!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, your card is so beautiful and elegant. Thanks for the super idea on how to use the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card Laurie. Love the dry-embossed background!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS